Friday, January 21, 2011

Hello Mr. Sunshine....



Yesterday we saw the sun for the first time in many days, actually a couple of weeks here at my home in Visalia. It was so pretty and his friend Ms. Blue Sky was with him too. Aww, so so sweet. How I have missed you Mr. Sunshine.

To enjoy the sunshine I walked out back during the afternoon yesterday. In the glorious sunshine I surveyed my lost plants that could not stand the cold temps and the abundance of rain. That was a tab bit sad. In the gray gloom I had not noticed how bad some of the little guys were looking. The good news is the sun will come out again and in the spring some plants will come back and some will have to be replaced. I love to plant so it's another reason to dig in the dirt but sad to see my little friends looking so sad.

This Winter has been harsh and I have not done a good job of protecting my plants. I was much better last year. What I have learned is when everyone said I was over doing it when it came to covering the plants and bringing them in to protect them in last winter, I wasn't over doing it. I should have looked at their yards and known they did not know what they were talking about. I should trust my instincts. They are good. Why do I second guess myself?

For your viewing pleasure I am adding a photo of the blue sky at the end of the day. I am happy I took the photo because this morning the FOG rolled in and we are back to the GRAY. I won't complain because in a few months it will be 100+ outside. I am happy the AC is not running 24-7 and the air is sort of clean... as clean as it can be in this valley.

I would like to leave you with a quote that I love..."I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific. "- Lily Tomlin -

I love this.... True story!

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Better days are ahead!! Funny quote from a funny lady!

    ReplyDelete