Wednesday, January 26, 2011

They came back


On my birtday 2009 these beautiful little yellow and black birds came to the tree in front of my house. I only saw them on that one day and I felt that it was a gift to me from somewhere or someone greater than I know. This year on my birthday the little yellow and black birds did not appear. I remarked how they were missing and did not give it much thought.


Yesteday I saw a little yellow bird in tree outside my offce window. He was checking out the food in the feeder and flew away. I guessed that the food must be low so I rushed out to fill it up. Of course grabbing my camera on the way out.


The little yellow and black birds were back!!!! They were all singing a beautiful song and eating seeds from the tree out in my front yard. I am so excited I got some pictures this time. I beleive they are a type of Warbler... a Goldfinch? If anyone knows or has a guess please tell me your thoughts!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Kerriee! How fun! That looks like a Lesser Goldfinch! Which would be moreer for me to see since I've never seen one. There is also the Lawrence's Goldfinch that lives in some parts of Calif all year. You also get the American Goldfinch and Pine Siskin. Ahhhh the joys of birding! My favorite bird book is the National Geographic Birds of North America. If you don't have a nice book that is the one to get! (Sibley's is also highly recommened). Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Eve, I did some research too and I think you are right they are some sort of Goldfinch. I have "The Field Guide to the Birds of North America" by National Geographic but forgot to look there. Thanks for reminding me. Have a great day and I hope you are starting to warm up. Still in the 50's here but the bulbs are coming up anyway! Yah, spring is coming!!!

    ReplyDelete